This is quick and healthy meal which you can eat for lunch at work or as a light dinner. An inspiration for this meal comes from this website and I tend to make different versions of this chickpea salad every week depending on what I have in the fridge. I vary the vegetables I put in, but I always use garlicky yoghurt sauce with it as it just makes it really delicious.
When I take it to work I always use two separate containers and mix the salad and the sauce just before I eat it. It’s better to do it this way otherwise it will turn funny, kind of watery (salt will draw water out of cucumbers).
Chickpea salad with garlicky yoghurt sauce
Quick and healthy lunch for work
- carton of organic chickpeas (I use SO Sainsbury's chickpeas)
- 1/2 red or orange pepper, cubed
- 1/2 avocado, cut in cubes
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- a handful of plum tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp natural low fat yoghurt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt as desired
- 1/2 squeezed lemon juice
- Drain chickpeas and put them into your lunch container or on a deep plate.
- Add all the chopped vegetables and mix all together.
- Prepare the garlicky yoghurt sauce: in a separate container mix garlic, yoghurt, olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
- If you take it to work make sure all the containers are tightly closed so they don't leak!
Adapted from A Teaspoon of Happiness
Be Healthy Now http://www.behealthynow.co.uk/