Following my successful blackberry foraging experience at the weekend, I wanted to use some of the blackberries for breakfast so I decided to add them to porridge. But not only that – this time I wanted to try something different. I wanted to eat my porridge with delicious almond butter as well, my new food ‘fetish’ :-). Since I’ve discovered almond butter during #hbloggers chat I just want to experiment with it all the time, trying it in different foods. I really really like it. Eating it with blackberries in a porridge is just so delicious and you should really try it.
Blackberry porridge with almond butter
- 2 scoops of porridge oats
- coconut or almond milk use as much as needed
- a handful of wild blackberries
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
- a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds
- 2 brazil nuts chopped
- 2 tbsp smooth almond butter I use Meridian's almond butter
- Cook porridge according to instructions on the pack (usually 5 minutes). If you like it creamy use coconut or almond milk, otherwise you can just use plain water instead.
- Once the porridge is ready, put it in a bowl, add blackberries on top, pumpkin seeds, brazil nuts and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Finally, add a spoon of almond butter on top of blackberries. Enjoy!