I am not a fan of spicy meals but I know lots of people are and for this reason I am sharing this recipe for cauliflower curry which has been created by Candida Diet Foods. Serve this curry with brown rice and side salad to create a healthy vegetarian dinner full of healing anti-inflammatory spices such as turmeric and ginger.
The curry does not contain any dairy products which makes is also suitable for vegans.
For the curry
- 3 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 2 medium cauliflower heads prepared into florets
- 250 ml | 9 fl oz | 1 cup water
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large vine tomato cored and diced
- 2 tbsp mint leaves only, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves only, chopped
- For the curry: Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan set over a medium heat until hot. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and a pinch of salt, sweating for 6-7 minutes until soft and lightly coloured.
- Stir in the ground spices. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the oil starts to seep through the spices from beneath.
- Add the cauliflower florets, stir thoroughly to coat in the spices, and cover with 250 ml water.
- Bring to a simmer, cover the saucepan with a lid, and cook over a reduced heat for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve: Spoon the cauliflower into dishes. Top with diced tomato and chopped herbs before serving.