I made this salad when I was in a mood for experimenting. I was inspired by various sources and I decided to put different ingredients together to see what it would taste like. It was a success! It came out really delicious but to make it more filling you can add feta cheese on top and serve with rye bread. I would have added cheese on top, I just didn’t have one while I was making this salad.
Crunchy egg salad with avocado
- mixed salad leaves (washed)
- 2-3 eggs (hard boiled)
- 2 spring onions (chopped)
- 1/2 avocado (sliced)
- pumpkin seeds
- pine nuts
- extra virgin olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- Hard boil eggs first.
- While eggs are boiling prepare the salad: Add mixed salad leaves to the bowl, followed by chopped spring onions and sliced avocado.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top, sprinkle with salt and add a dash of apple cider vinegar. Gently mix.
- Put the mixed salad on a plate, add sliced eggs on top and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and pine nuts.
- If desired, add feta cheese and serve with rye bread.