This is a low-carb recipe, perfect for a healthy lunch at work and it’s really quick to make. This simple salad with Quorn roast ‘chicken’ sliced fillets is something I’ve been eating more of lately as I wanted to reduce my carb intake in order to maintain a healthy weight (or even better lose some weight). Since I don’t eat chicken, Quorn fillets seemed to have been a perfect solution.
Quorn Roast Chicken Sliced Fillets are mostly made of mycoprotein (85%) which is a healthy, meat-free form of high-quality protein and is also a good source of dietary fibre. Mycoprotein is also low in fat and saturated fats and contains no cholesterol or trans fats at all.
I really like Quorn Roast Chicken Sliced Fillets as they come already cooked and you can use them straight from the pack. Of course, they don’t taste like a roast chicken although they tried to make them taste similar by adding certain flavourings (not exactly sure what though).
Plain Quorn ‘chicken’ fillets don’t taste exactly amazing but I came up with a very simple solution to make them taste better: I coat them with some olive oil and smoked paprika and heat them up in an oven/microwave. Voila, and I have something much better here. Adding warm Quorn fillets on top of a mixed salad makes a quick and easy lunch.
Of course, you could coat your Quorn fillets in other spices or herbs if you like but I like it simple and non-spicy.
Here is the recipe or I should really say how I put everything together..
A simple salad made with Quorn Roast Chicken Sliced Fillets [vegetarian]
- 140 g Quorn Roast Chicken Sliced Fillets
- 100 g mixed salad leaves as much as you like
- 2 tomatoes as many as you like
- 1/3 cucumber chopped
- 6 pitted black olives
- 1/2 avocado chopped
- 1 spring onions chopped
- a handful of pine nuts
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar (according to taste)
- salt according to taste
- Prepare all the vegetables and mix them all together. Place them into a container to take with you to work (if that's what you are doing).
- Open a pack of Quorn Roast Chicken Sliced Fillets (140g), coat them in some olive oil and smoked paprika and if you are taking them to work, put them in a separate container.
- When ready to eat, just heat up the Quorn and mix the salad together with some olive oil, apple cider vinegar and salt.
- Finally, add the warm Quorn chicken fillets on top of the salad and enjoy!
Try adding beans for extra protein and to feel full for longer.
Is Quorn Healthy?