This makes a nice healthy and filling lunch and if you use microwave oven you can easily make the jacket potato this way, but I prefer to make it in a more natural way – using hob and oven. This is one of the reasons why I don’t make this very often as it takes time to make.
It’s a great vegetarian meal and instead of just using cottage cheese as a filling I decided to experiment and added other things to it. I also added spinach on the side. It turned out to be quite nice and I would definitely do it again. I made the jacket potato the day before and filling in the morning before going to work.
Jacket potato with cottage cheese salad and spinach
- 1 baking potato
- 200 g of low fat cottage cheese
- quarter of red onion (chopped)
- quarter of cucumber (diced)
- plum tomatoes (diced)
- a handful of spinach
- olive oil
This is how I make jacket potato
- Wash the potato very well and pierce it with the fork several times.
- Boil it on the hob for around 35 minutes.
- Drain the water and dry the potato.
- Coat it with olive oil and salt (this will make the skin crispy).
- Put into the hot oven (around 200 degrees depending on oven type) and bake for 1 hour, turning it halfway through.
Prepare the filling
- Put cottage cheese in a small bowl, add onions, cucumber and tomatoes. Add some extra virgin olive oil and mix all together.
- When serving, put the baked potato onto the plate first, cut it across and add the filling to it and spinach on the side.