This dish is easy and quick to make and it shouldn’t take you more than half an hour or so to cook it. I normally make this healthy dinner at least once a week, but I vary vegetables – sometimes I use cauliflower or carrots, but you could also use asparagus, green beans or any other suitable veg.
Quick and healthy baked salmon dinner
- 1 salmon fillet
- 1 medium size sweet potato
- broccoli (as much as you like)
- 0.5 tsp dill
- 1 clove of garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180-200 Celsius (depends on the type of oven you have).
- Add a little bit of olive oil to a foil-lined roasting tin and place a salmon fillet into it.
- Crush a clove of garlic, chop it roughly and spread it on top of the fish, working it into the fillet meat.
- Sprinkle some salt on top of the fillet followed by half a teaspoon of dill herb.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top together with a tablespoon of a freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Cut sweet potato lengthways into 1/2-thick slices and add to the roasting tin.
- Put into the oven and bake salmon for about 18 minutes, then take it out, slightly increase the temperature and continue baking the sweet potato for another 10 minutes or so.
- While potatoes are baking, cut the broccoli and boil it or steam it for 5 minutes or so.
- Once everything is cooked, arrange it on a plate, drizzle broccoli with extra virgin olive oil and squeeze some lemon juice onto the salmon fillet. Season with salt as desired.