I rarely have a sandwich for lunch these days as my lunches at work mostly consist of lentils, quinoa, chickpeas and soups. A smoked salmon sandwich is a healthier lunch (but high in salt!) I used to have quite often in the past but I don’t really have it anymore as I found other alternatives. However, I still wanted to share this idea for lunch with you. You can use a different type of bread for this, such as brown pitta bread, brown wraps or bagels.
Smoked salmon sandwich
- 2-4 pieces of wholegrain bread (or other type of bread, such as pitta)
- smoked wild salmon slices
- lettuce leaves
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 tomato (sliced)
- 4-8 cucumber slices
- lemon juice
- Start with the avocado. If it's ripe enough you can use the knife to spread it on bread almost like butter, otherwise just slice it thinly and put is on a slice of bread. You could create 2 small sandwiches with a quarter of an avocado in each, depending on avocado's size.
- Put lettuce leaves on top of the avocado, followed by smoked salmon slices.
- If desired you could put some lemon juice on top salmon.
- Add tomato and cucumber slices on top.
- Depending on the size of your bread loaf, you could make one big sandwich or 2 small ones.