I know how much most people love curries so I decided to share another curry recipe with you, courtesy of Candida Diet Foods. This is a healthy fish curry which takes about 40 minutes to prepare and cook so it’s great for the weekends when you have a little bit more time to spare.
This fish recipe is great if you need some inspiration on how to prepare fish in a different way and want to try something different. And spicy! Of course, you can make this fish curry as spicy as you like – you can use less chilies or more, the choice is yours.
When buying salmon for the curry, try and get the wild one as it’s healthier. I know it’s quite expensive but the taste is different. And it still comes out cheaper than eating in a restaurant.
So here is the recipe…
Thai Fish Curry
For the curry
- 6 large red Thai chillies soaked in hot water for 10 minutes beforehand
- 4 shallots roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp stevia
- 3 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 3-4 wild salmon fillets 200g each, skinless and pin-boned
- 1 small red pepper cored, seeded and finely sliced
- 2-4 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 lime juiced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 tbsp basil leaves only, finely sliced tomato rose (optional) courgette spears (optional)
- For the curry: Drain the chillies from their soaking water and combine with the shallots, garlic, ginger, spices, and stevia in a food processor. Blend on high until you have a smooth paste.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large sauté dish set over a moderate heat until hot. Stir in the paste and fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until it darkens.
- Stir in the coconut milk and bring to a rapid simmer. Reduce the heat slightly and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Position the salmon fillets in the sauce, cover with a lid, and cook over a low heat for 8-10 minutes until cooked through; turn halfway through cooking.
- Stir in the sliced red pepper. Adjust the seasoning to taste with coconut aminos, lime juice, and freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve: Lift the fish into a serving platter, pouring over the sauce. Scatter with the sliced basil and garnish with a tomato rose and decorative courgette spears if using.
Candida Diet Foods is an online service, shop and diet plan designed to help you lead a healthier lifestyle by carefully selecting products for you that will eradicate conditions such as persistent thrush, fatigue, headaches and digestive irritability, caused by an overgrowth of candida.
* This post contains affiliate links (if you purchase a product after clicking on a link I get a small commission which helps me maintain this website, no extra charge for you)