This is a recipe from Nidhi Sharma, the founder of the new American Vegetarian and Vegan Diner – 90° MELT in East London, which is bringing classic American creations in a humane, ethical and meat-free way to Londoners, making them accessible to all!
Vegan pancakes are not only great for vegans of course, they are for anybody who like to experiment in their kitchen and try something different. They are especially suitable for those with allergies or intolerance to eggs and perfect for guests who suffer from this intolerance or are vegan. You can easily make them gluten-free, just use gluten-free flour. If you avoid soy milk, that could be replaced with other plant-based milk. Make them healthier by using rapeseed oil.
These Vegan Pancakes are loved by all – kids, adults, and special someones! Enjoy…
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 cup unrefined sugar or 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 banana
- Mash the bananas into a smooth paste.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Add the soy milk, maple syrup and oil to the dry ingredients to make a smooth, lump free and thick batter
- Heat a pan or griddle to medium high heat and oil the surface
- Spoon a generous ladle onto the pan and wait for the bubbles to form and start bursting - usually takes about 2-3 minutes
- At this point, flip and cook on the other side for another couple of minutes.
- Dowse the pancakes in your favorite Maple Syrup, bananas, berries and Vegan Coconut Cream. For an extra romantic touch, sprinkle with crushed pistachios and rose petals!
About 90° MELT
London’s first American Themed Vegetarian and Vegan Diner at 235 Mile End Road, London, E1 4AA
Instagram – @90degreemelt
Twitter – @90degreemelt
Facebook – www.facebook.com/90degreemelt