This smoothie bowl makes quick and healthy lunch or dinner; it’s also really easy to make – all you need to do is wash some vegetables and throw all the ingredients in the blender. Ready in seconds!
In the past year or so I experimented with smoothies a lot, green smoothies in particular – I experimented with the ingredients I put in to see which combination works best. I quickly learnt what works and what doesn’t and this green smoothie bowl is a result of everything what I learnt. But what makes it really special is its high-fibre content, meaning that it will fill you up and you won’t feel hungry for a while after having it.If you love having smoothies you will know that they don’t normally fill you up – you feel hungry again very soon after having one. I know this because I experienced it but this smoothie is different.
The ingredient that makes this smoothie extra fibre-rich is psyllium husk, a form of fibre made from the Plantago ovata plant. The one I used in my smoothie is organic Psyllium Husk from Monkey Nutrition* which was kindly sent to me to try.
I was really pleased with the way this smoothie bowl turned out – I actually had it for dinner one day when I didn’t feel like cooking. It may not look very nice, but it actually tastes good and it’s really nutritious.
High fibre green smoothie bowl with pomegranate seeds
- 200 ml or more of coconut milk or other milk alternative
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 medium size ripe banana
- 1/3 cucumber
- a handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp peanut or almond butter
- a handful pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp hulled hempseeds
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil
- pomegranate seeds for topping
- Wash the spinach and cucumber and add them to the blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Serve with pomegranate seeds sprinkled on top.
You can make it less thick by adding more liquid.