Chickpea salad with garlicky yoghurt sauce
Quick and healthy lunch for work
- carton of organic chickpeas (I use SO Sainsbury's chickpeas)
- 1/2 red or orange pepper (cubed)
- 1/2 avocado (cut in cubes)
- 2 spring onions (chopped)
- a handful of plum tomatoes (halved)
- 1/4 cucumber (sliced and quartered)
Garlicky yoghurt sauce
- 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2-3 tbsp natural low fat yoghurt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt as desired
- 1/2 squeezed lemon juice
Drain chickpeas and put them into your lunch container or on a deep plate.
Add all the chopped vegetables and mix all together.
Prepare the garlicky yoghurt sauce: in a separate container mix garlic, yoghurt, olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
If you take it to work, make sure all the containers are tightly closed so they don't leak!