Blueberry & Cacao Quinoa Bowl
Protein-rich quinoa bowl, high in antioxidants, magnesium and other minerals.
- 4 tbsp quinoa flakes
- a handful of blueberries (I used frozen ones)
- 1/2 banana (optional)
- 2-3 brazil nuts (chopped)
- a drizzle of date syrup (could use maple syrup instead)
- a pinch of sea salt (brings all the flavours out)
- 100 ml of water (if more liquid is needed add some plant based milk such as almond or coconut)
- 1/2 tbsp organic cacao powder or 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Add water and quinoa flakes to the small saucepan and bring to a boil.
Add salt and mix together. Cook on medium heat for a couple of minutes. Turn off the heat and let it rest for a few minutes, add more liquid if necessary.
Once cooked add to a bowl, add cacao powder and cinnamon and mix everything together.
Add blueberries on top and the rest of the ingredients.
Finish off by drizzling the meal with some date syrup.