For a complete indoor-gym experience, a good-quality stationary bike is a must. However, finding a heavy-duty yet affordable spin bike for home use can be overwhelming, especially if you don’t know what to look for.
We’ve scrutinized dozens of products and considered crucial features to find 4 best spin bikes under £300 in the UK, home use friendly, to help you dodge flimsy rip-offs and find the perfect model that suits your needs (please note: prices online fluctuate regularly so the prices of the bikes mentioned below may not be below £300 when you check them).
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means I may get a small commission if you purchase a product after clicking on a link. This does not cost you anything. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Buying the best spin bike under £300 – What to consider
Although they come at a more cost-effective price, all spin bikes listed in our review are sturdy enough to accommodate both beginners and advanced users. Here are some of the essential features to look for in the specification list when picking a spin bike under £300:
- Flywheel weight and quality – The flywheel is the heart and soul of a stationary bike. It is connected to the pedals via a belt, providing stability, smooth and quiet operation, and proper resistance—the heavier the flywheel, the better the exercising. To get high-end workout results, look for bikes with a minimum of 7 or 8 kg flywheel weight.
- Maximum weight capacity – For the spin bike to be sturdy and stable, you need to pay attention to the weight capacity recommendations. This will also determine the durability and performance of your bike since it won’t wear off quickly. Look for models that can withstand at least 10 kg more than the users’ weight.
- Adjustability – Foldable and adjustable bikes are a better solution for indoor spaces and easy storage. Also, adjustable handlebars and seat height is a plus for very tall or short persons who need to customize their bike for comfortable and safe use.
- Magnetic resistance – Opposed to contact resistance, magnetic resistance creates tension on the flywheel by using magnets instead of physical barriers. This means there’s no noise, the operation is smooth and gliding, with minimum to no needs for repairs.
- Extra features and workout options – Think about if secondary attachments (like a water bottle holder, media rack, Bluetooth connectivity, speakers, or iFit compatibility) are the deal-breaker for you. Keep in mind that more advanced features usually add up to the price, so if you’re interested in a vast array of workout programmes and features, maybe consider stretching your budget a bit.
Best spin bikes under £300 – Comparison table
|BIKE NAME||FLYWHEEL WEIGHT||MAX WEIGHT CAPACITY||BIKE WEIGHT|
|Our review >||7 kg||100 kg||30 kg|
|Our review >||6.35 kg||150 kg||28 kg|
|Our review >||8 kg||100 kg||29 kg|
|Our review >||8 kg||150 kg||28 kg|
Best spin bikes for under £300 – Reviews
We give you our top-rated representatives of the best indoor spin bikes on the market that come under £300 (at the time of writing) but check all the boxes for durability, stability, and high performance.
JLL IC200 PRO Indoor Cycling Exercise Bike
This heavy-duty upright bike stands out for its impressive 7 kg flywheel and 8 magnetic resistance levels for more challenging cardio workouts. You can normally get it for under £300 but the price varies, and it may cost a little bit more when you check.
Compared to similar products, JLL IC200 Pro is praised for its stability, high-end, belt-driven flywheel that enables smooth and silent cycling, and durability of gym-level equipment.
On the other hand, complete newbies can also safely use this practical bike thanks to the adjustable components: handlebars, soft and ergonomically designed seat, and pedal straps for a firm and stable grip.
It comes with an intuitive, easy-to-use monitor with all the necessary metrics, such as heart rate, calorie burn, distance, time, speed, etc.
You can store it or keep it assembled thanks to transport wheels that make moving quick and easy, even for elderly users.
Satisfied users praise this bike for its remarkable reliability and natural, outdoor-like cycling feel.
Although it is fully adjustable for different user sizes, it can withstand up to 100 kg, so make sure to take this unto account before making the final purchase.
- Hard-wearing flywheel
- 8 levels of resistance
- Adjustable components
- Transport wheels for easy storage
- Smooth and quiet operation
- Not suitable for heavier users (100 kg max weight capacity)
- May not be suitable for very tall people
Dripex Upright Exercise Bike
This fantastic piece of exercise equipment looks as if it came straight from the future. With a sturdy 6.35 kg smooth belt-driven flywheel, protected with covers on both sides, Dripex spin bike is excellent for beginners and long-distance cyclists who are looking for more stability and support.
The bike’s style and design enable easy and natural mounting, perfect for elderly or physically limited users.
Adjustable handlebars and a soft, replaceable padded seat are also a big plus for adjusting the bike for various heights and sizes. The pedals are extra-supported with straps and an anti-slip cover to maximize safety and prevent injury during faster spinning.
It can withstand up to 150 kg of user weight, so you don’t need to worry about safety issues and flimsy wobbling during cycling.
It comes with a small yet clear monitor with necessary data, such as calorie burn, distance, speed, time, heart rate (built-in pulse sensors on the handlebars), etc.
Storage and transport are also quick and effortless, thanks to the movable wheels that come with the product.
- Heavy-duty construction with protective covers for the flywheel
- Suitable for tall people (up to 6′ 3″)
- Comfortable non-slip pedals
- Adjustable components
- Effortless mounting
- Not stimulating enough for high-speed cycling
- Provided seat can be uncomfortable but this can be replaced with your own
2WD Exercise Bike
This sleek, light-weight stationary bike is a notable representative of affordable bikes among professional-scale equipment.
Weighing 29 kg with transport wheels, 2WD spin bike is easy to move around and store basically anywhere.
Although it looks thin and minimalistic, it features a sturdy 8 kg flywheel and a steel frame construction, with smooth and quiet operation and magnetic resistance to accommodate cycling junkies and advanced riding.
Unfortunately, its maximum weight capacity is only 100 kg so it’s not suitable for heavier individuals.
2WD spin bike comes with a padded ergonomic seat adjustable by height and adjustable handlebars to fit all family members.
The bike provides a comprehensive workout and pushes you to invest more energy and boost your fitness.
The monitor is concise and intuitive to use, with basic parameters like calorie burn, time, distance, and speed.
To add to the outdoor-like riding experience, 2WD included a water bottle holder and a multi-functional tablet and phone holder, so you can use your devices to utilize online workouts, play music, or multi-task while working out.
- Light-weight yet sturdy
- Adjustable components
- Extra features: bottle holder, media rack
- Easy to move around
- Fits most spaces
- Not suitable for tall users
- Only 100 kg max weight capacity
YOLEO Stationary Exercise Bike
This is another easy-to-use, sturdy spin bike that was designed to make cycling safe and comfortable for everyone.
Similar to the Dripex model, YOLEO bike also comes with protective flywheel covers and a widened base for maximized stability and safety during riding.
The bike also features adjustable ergonomic handlebars and a soft padded seat that can be adjusted for different heights.
It features a clear monitor with necessary data (calorie burn, distance, speed, heart rate) that is easy and intuitive to use.
Transportation wheels are practical for moving and storing the bike if necessary.
Customers like this bike for its durable steel construction and advanced resistance system that allows both low-intensity cardio cycling and more challenging upright spinning.
The bike is great for various exercise levels and types, as well as working on weight loss. It can withhold up to 150 kg user weight.
The bike construction allows easy mounting, and the caged non-slip pedals are perfect for upright spinning without injury, ankle twists, and uncomfortable foot cramps.
- Enhanced construction
- 8 kg belt-driven flywheel
- Protective covers for improved longevity
- Effortless mounting
- Adjustable seat and handlebars
- Suitable for tall users up to 6′ 2″
- Saddle not easy to move up and down
Available from: Amazon
Final verdict – What’s the best spin bike under £300?
The best way to find an affordable spin bike is to know your priorities and focus on high-quality construction features you don’t usually see in budget-friendly options, such as flywheel durability, steel construction, and magnetic resistance.
Adjustable features should also play a significant role as you can never know whether you will need to customize your bike for your size.
Another important factor is the purpose and frequency of use: more advanced cyclists should look for options like the 2WD, while bikes like Dripex and YOLEO offer more stability for beginners and slow riders. That said, multi-user households should opt for all-inclusive bikes like the JLL IC200 PRO.
If bikes mentioned in this article are not in stock anywhere you may want to consider the following alternatives:
Sofia Alves is a fitness enthusiast who loves running and motivating others to adopt and stick to healthy habits. She is always learning, searching and investing in further education to build her knowledge. She strongly believes the worst workout is the one you didn’t bother to do.